Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Field Goal block glitch

Madden 10's 2nd title update was released a few weeks ago. Flat zone coverage seems to be fixed and pursuit angles for defensive players has improved. Overall this patch did a good job fixing some of the major issues but there will always be other lingering issues. Players always seem to find other ways to exploit the video game.

Last night, I faced a guy who had a method for blocking field goals. I scored on the beginning drive and he almost blocked my extra point attempt. Later in the 2nd quarter I attempted a field goal which was blocked. I reviewed the replay and he placed the guy that is usually in "safety" coverage and moved him in front of the standing linebacker. when the ball was snapped he switched control to that linebacker and jumped up and blocked the kick. I can't remember who he was using as the blocker but I thought it might have been Ted Ginn, Dolphins Wide Receiver, who has an 88 jump rating.

I think it's a bit cheesy to try to figure out a way to block field goals like this. The only way to counter is to not attempt any field goals and go for two point conversions. Case in point: In my game I was leading 7-3 late in the 4th quarter and it was 4th down with 4 yards to go on his 16 yard line. I could have attempted a field goal but didn't want to risk it being blocked so I went for it but failed the conversion. I eventually won the game. With about two minutes to go in the game, he was at mid field when I picked off his pass. He quit the game after that.


1 2 3 4 OT F
49ers 7 0 0 14 0 21
Dolphins 0 0 0 3 0 3

Statistics 49ers Dolphins
Rushing attempts for 19 17
Rushing yards for 183 87
Passing attempts for 14 26
Passing yards for 69 135
Punts 0 0
Field goals for 0 1
Long field goals (40+) for 0 0
Rushing touchdowns for 1 0
Passing touchdowns for 2 0
Returns touchdowns for 0 0
Defensive touchdowns for 0 0
Turnovers for 3 1
Interceptions for 1 2
Sacks for 1 0
Number of third downs 5 8
Third down conversions 2 3
No-huddle plays 0 1
Audibles called 7 5
Hot routes used 2 4
Shotgun plays 3 18
Blitzes 15 15
Time of possession 11:17 16:43

No comments:

Post a Comment