Friday, September 4, 2009

Top 5 offensive lines in Madden 10

A good running game starts with a good offensive line that will open up holes for you. A lineman with good strength (STR), run block strength (RBS), and run block footwork (RBF) attributes are key to being able to move your opponents out of the way for your running back. Acceleration (ACC) is also important because this determines how quickly the linemen get off the line to block.

Last year, I used the Colts in online games and I'm doing the same this year but I'm having second thoughts because my running game stinks. Here are some results of my last two games:

Rushing attempts for 13
Rushing yards for 40
Average yards per carry 3.07

Rushing attempts for 5
Rushing yards for 9
Average yards per carry 1.8

If you combine the (STR, RBF, and RBS) attributes of the Colt's line and average them out you get a value of 86. This is quite low compared to the top five offensive lines:

1. Eagles 92
2. Giants 91
3. Cowboys 91
4. Vikings 90
5. Titans 90

Not surprisingly, all of these top teams have excellent running backs.

I tend to perform better online when I'm controlling a good quarterback. This is why I usually prefer to use the Colts. I played a couple games with the Cardinals and didn't fare too well. I passed for a lot of yardage but couldn't run the ball. The Cardinals offensive line also has a low rating of 85.

Maybe I should start using the Eagles or Titans like everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment